Friday was judgement day again but E and I knew it hadn’t worked.
Due to E having a cold that week, her response to the result was dulled and delayed.
Unfortunately because I had a crazy and busy day at work in the hot weather we’re experiencing, E couldn’t wait to have the pregnancy test with me.
It was a solemn evening.
E didn’t feel she wanted to talk, so we did our own things till bedtime. She binge watched Gossip Girl on Netflix- she’s on Season 2 now. I watched the highlights of the 1st day of sports at the Commonwealth Games.
Next day she was more upset as the cold lifted and the result hit her. She cried as we drove to Dartmoor, as we had already booked a weekend staycation near Dartmoor NP.
Whenever we get bad news or the pregnant people on Facebook and life reaches a peak, E feels the need to get away. Sometimes I worry about finances which E knows, but if it helps lift the black cloud, then that’s what is needed!
E feels she should do IUI Cycle 3, whereas I think the odds of success are low and IVF is better. But IVF is invasive, which scares her. Ultimately I’m not the person going through the strong drugs, multiple injections, general anaesthetic and egg collection, so it’s difficult for me to say: GO IVF.
E feels that since 3 cycles of IUI are free, we should do them.
But once IVF starts we need to buy more donor sperm and that’s where the expenses begin.
Between end of cycle 3 and possibly starting IVF we’ve booked a much needed holiday in Cyprus.
In the meantime, back on the IUI train once E has her period.